Here’s some tips to help homebuyers get the most out of their money when it comes to buying a home.
1. Get ready to write a few letters. Because of the multiple bidding wars that are taking place on quite a few homes in the Northern Colorado area, buyers are writing multiple letters to sellers letting them know why they would be a good fit to buy their home. Some sellers want to get the most out of their sale, while some want a great family to buy their home and live there for a very long time. Think about your story and why it would appeal to a seller. This could be the difference in you buying the home that you have your heart set on.
2. Think about newer neighborhoods. We love seeing neighborhoods with mature trees as much as the next person, but newer, less established neighborhoods will be a little easier to find a better deal in than something in, for example, Old Town. If you are looking strictly in Fort Collins, consider new construction or a neighborhood a little off the beaten path. If you are willing to move your search outside of Fort Collins into Windsor, Loveland or Wellington, you will have many more options.
3. Look for short sales or foreclosures. Homes like this are a rare find in Northern Colorado, but they are out there. If you can stomach doing some major renovation work on a home, or you have the ability to wait a long time to find that diamond in the rough, you might be able to come in a little under your buying budget. Cash is a better option, but you can still get into a short sale or foreclosure by financing.
4. Be ready to act quickly! If you have the ability to close quickly and can make fast decisions, you will increase your chances of buying a home. We have seen a lot of buyers take their time, and lose a home in the process. Get your ducks in a row, and be able to make a confident decision when it comes to buying.
5. Work with a realtor. Many people try the For Sale by Owner route, and it rarely works out well. Realtors have your best interests in mind, will be able to advise you on the things you need to know, and will help you get the transaction completed quickly.
For any help with your home buying or home selling in the Northern Colorado area, give me a call today at 970-342-3568.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
See our Pinterest Page
Find us on Google+
I'm Brad, owner of Colorado Real Estate Pros. This blog will talk more about my day-to-day as a Fort Collins Realtor, and my life as well. Enjoy!