We have a few clients who move to Colorado from out of state, and since we're in Aruba at the moment, we thought it would be a great time to discuss what needs to happen when you are closing on a new Northern Colorado home from a different state or country!
First, if you are closing on a home in Colorado, or you are closing on a home in another state, always check the state laws for Realtors so you know exactly what to do when faced with this situation. We can help you navigate the mountain of paperwork that is needed for all Real Estate closings, but for your own peace of mind, make sure that you know every step of the process.
Your responsibility as a home buyer or seller is to apprise all parties of your intentions to close remotely. This would include your mortgage lender, your title company, of course your Realtor, and all other parties involved in the transaction.
If you would rather give power of attorney to a person or company of your choosing, that can be arranged prior to the closing. They would of course need to be in close contact with your Realtor, title company, and lender to insure everyone is on the same page.
Some other things to keep in the front of your mind:
1. Make sure that you know how you or another party will deliver the closing documents on the day of closing. If you are faxing them from out of state, you may be required to provide a notary on the documents, so check on that before hand. Docusign can suffice for some documents (but not Purchase or Sale documents), so check what documents require an actual or e-signature.
2. Any money that is required to close on the home must be either wired or given to a power of attorney to present at the closing. It's highly recommended to make this your first priority, as if you don't have a check or wire to present at closing, the transaction has a high probability of falling through.
3. If you are signing any closing documents that require an actual signature (versus a faxed document), make sure to overnight any documents to your title company or power of attorney.
If you have any questions about closing remotely, simply contact me and I can speak with you about how it's properly done. I look forward to helping you buy or sell your home in Fort Collins and Northern Colorado!
February and March were slow months for all realtors in Northern Colorado. Well, at least a little slower than the summer last year which saw record numbers jump off the chart. We were fortunate to still have a couple sales, but now that May has hit, we are seeing those record numbers again, and a bunch of bidding wars between buyers for just about every single home.
We have had a couple closings in the last couple days, and have a few more lined up for the rest of the month, and wanted to highlight some of the recent movement.
1. We just closed a cozy little bungalow in Old Town at 1008 Sycamore St. This cute little home was sold for $280,000, and is just a short walk from Old Town shopping, City Park, and Lee Martinez Park.
2. Another great home will sell tomorrow, May 10th and directly into the hands of a great family at 8075 Lighthouse Lane in Windsor, CO. This home, at over 3500 square feet, is close to Ptarmigan Country Club, Highland Meadows Park, and just a couple minutes from I-25 for easy access to Northern Colorado and Denver. We're so happy to get a great family into this fantastic home.
3. We have a house under contract after just one day on the market at 557 Clubhouse Drive in Loveland. We received a cash offer for $395,000, which is $40,000 over the most recent sale in the neighborhood. Our seller was ecstatic, and is so happy to receive such a great offer for their home.
Do you need some tips to price your home right?
We have been helping homeowners price their home right to sell for the past 15 years, and can speak with you about what we think you should sell your home for to get it moving quickly. Quite a few homeowners in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor try to over price their homes, and they sit on the market for much longer than either expected, or much longer than the homeowner needs it to.
First, consult an experienced real estate agent to have them walk through your home, and suggest any updates you might need to make. Your home might be sale ready, or it may need some minor adjustments. Having a realtor walk through your home is the absolute best thing you can do for the sake of your sale.
Second, think about how quickly you need to sell. If you are strapped for cash, and have some equity to work with, the pricing of your home will be a big decision in you selling your home fast. In the current market, you can receive multiple offers over your asking price, and you can pick and choose between buyers.
Lastly, make sure that you have a plan of attack, and consult with your realtor about what's going to happen during closing and after.
We want to be with you every single step of the way, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask by calling Brad at 970-342-3568 today.
I've had the privilege to work with some great kids over the course of my life in the athletic realm. Outside of Real Estate, I own a company called Strength and Motivation, and we work with athletes aged anywhere from 12-25 on their conditioning, strength, agility, and most importantly, their explosiveness to translate to their chosen sport. For me, this is my true passion, because there's absolutely nothing better than seeing young kids get better at something they truly love.
For the past 15 years, I've had the opportunity to work with quite a few kids in the Berthoud area. From football players to baseball players, to softball and more, young adults from Berthoud have either travelled up to train with me in Fort Collins, or I have travelled to them.
Every year, the Berthoud Sports Hall of Fame honors some of these kids, and this year we will be sponsoring the banquet. This is a great opportunity not only to see some great student athletes get recognized, but the ceremony is a fantastic evening with great hosts and great people in Berthoud.
To learn more about this special night, visit this link: http://www.berthoudsportshof.com/
And to learn more about the Berthoud Hall of Fame, click here:
I'm Brad, owner of Colorado Real Estate Pros. This blog will talk more about my day-to-day as a Fort Collins Realtor, and my life as well. Enjoy!